GENERAL GROUNDS RULES
- All events must conclude by 10pm to comply with the town noise ordinances and to allow for closure of the site by 11pm.
- No smoking is allowed inside any of the buildings. Ashtrays are available in designated smoking areas on the grounds.
- For events with over 220 guests there will be an additional $1,000 mandatory charge. This allows us to provide additional restrooms for guests.
- Take care not to disturb flowerbeds and landscaped areas. In addition, our fountains and ponds are off limits to dogs, people, coins, rocks and foreign objects.
BOOKING, COORDINATION & HOUSE MANAGER
- Rental dates are not considered firm until a contract has been signed and a deposit made and accepted.
- Renter must arrange with the Venue Manager for any additional time needed for set up prior to the event. Any time in addition to what is stated in the contract will be billed at the hourly rate.
- The first page of the rental contract will list the areas rented and the specified time frame. Renter understands that other activities may take place at MAGC on the same day as their event and that they do not have exclusive rights to MAGC other than their designated rented areas for the specific amount of time.
- The Venue Manager will go over the rules, help to find vendors, give advice and answer questions via email up until the day of your event. The Venue Manager is not a coordinator and not required to be on site the day of.
- The Day of House Manager who is on site during all events manages all facilities related issues and is solely responsible for the following: fireplace, heaters, lights, PA systems, blinds and drop down screens. They will be on hand during the event in case of any facilities related issues such as a clogged toilet or disturbance. They are not a coordinator.
- Guest parking is available in the main parking lot on a first-come basis. If Renter has over 120 guests they will need to have a transportation plan in place prior to the event. This can include a shuttle or valet service, a carpool plan or off-site parking.
- Driving or parking on the patios, lawns or gravel areas is not permitted.
CATERING & OTHER VENDORS
- Renter may only employ a caterer from MAGC’s list of Approved Caterers.
- Once vendors have been booked Renter must provide names of the vendors who will be working at MAGC to the Venue Manager.
- Layouts will be generated by the contracted caterer or planner and forwarded to the Venue Manager prior to the event.
- All facilities must be left in and restored to the same condition as before the event started.
- Rental space includes a supply of the following tables and chairs:
- 60 and 48 inch round tables
- 6 and 8 foot rectangular tables
- High cocktail tables
- White Italian Samsonite folding chairs
- All set up of tables and chairs to be handled by the caterer. Check with them for quantity of equipment. If MAGC does not have the required equipment, you must rent.
- Renter may bring alcohol for their event. This may be dropped off the day before to be stored. Please check with the Venue Manager to schedule a drop off time.
- No self-serve bars allowed. Caterer must provide a licensed and insured bartender if serving alcohol.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be served to individuals over 21 years of age.
- The venue has limited storage for rental items such as dishes, linens, glassware etc.. Renter may bring in alcohol and decorations to store the day before event, if space allows. Please check with the Venue Manager for any pre-event drop offs. Renter is responsible for removing all decorations and personal items on the same day as their event.
- Rental of furniture must be cleared with the Venue Manager prior to ordering.
- Decorations are limited to only the areas listed on the executed rental contract.
- Nothing may be tacked, screwed, or nailed to any of the walls inside or on outside posts and trees.
- No rice, birdseed, glitter, tinsel, streamers, confetti or fake flower petals may be used.
- No helium balloons.
- Votive candles can only be used if the flame is below the top of the glass container.
- If Renter would like to hang décor from the drop ceiling in the Livermore Pavilion, such as, paper lanterns or twinkle lights, only the MAGC maintenance team is authorized to do so. There is an additional cost of $250 for this. The room holds up to 115 lanterns and 10 boxes of string lights.
- Light music is allowed outside until 8pm or inside until 10pm. Renter must submit a signed Music Agreement form no later than one month before their event. The Day of House Manager will monitor the sound levels during event. Doors must be closed when loud dance music is being played.
- MAGC does not provide a PA system. In case of an outdoor ceremony or dance music Renter will need to hire a DJ or rent equipment for those areas.
- The venue reserves the right to request any persons or group of people acting unruly and contrary to rental regulations to leave the premises. Assistance from the law enforcement agencies may be acquired if the request is not met immediately.
- The Day of House Manager will make the usual good faith effort to prevent any disturbance; however, MAGC cannot be responsible for any theft, noise disturbance or any other incident occurring on said event date.
- MAGC will try to make every accommodation for senior and disabled guests, including riding them around the venue in our golf cart. Please let the Venue Manager know in advance if special accommodations are needed.
- Trees on the MAGC grounds should never be climbed.
- Renter assumes all liability and is responsible for all risks of injury, damage or loss of property and injury to persons (including death) and for all costs, expenses, losses or damages resulting therefrom or incurred in connection therewith and arising out of or caused in any way or claimed to have arisen out of or been caused by the use or occupancy on this rental occasion of any Marin Art and Garden Center Property.
- Renter shall hold and save the Marin Art and Garden Center and the affiliated organizations free and harmless from and indemnify them against any liability for any loss, cost, damage or expense, including attorney’s fees, incurred in connection with any claimed damages or injury to persons or property which may arise or be claimed to have arisen out of or been caused by the use or occupancy on this rental occasion of any Marin Art & Garden Center property.
- Renter shall, at all times, comply with all applicable Federal, State, County and local laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, payment of any required admission taxes, requirements of the State Alcoholic Beverage Control Board if liquor is sold or served, occupancy limitation and requirements for any buildings and local police regulations.
- The Marin Art & Garden Center has no control over rain or other extreme weather that might affect your event. We cannot guarantee the condition of any plants, such as roses the day of the event.
- Charges against Renters security deposit will be made for any cost including, but not limited to, damages to floors, walls, furnishings and landscaping, extra cleaning of the facilities both inside and outside, building and/or employee overtime charges, and any other unusual costs incurred. Renter will be billed for any damages not covered by your deposit.
- Renter shall provide MAGC with a Certificate of Insurance providing property damage and public liability insurance in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 with Marin Art and Garden Center named as additional insured, which shall be primary to any insurance maintained by the Marin Art and Garden Center and protect the renter against claim or liability for damage, injury or loss of property and injury to persons (including death) and all costs, expenses, losses or damage resulting there from or incurred in connection therewith and arising or claimed to have arisen out of attendance at this rental function and/or the use or occupancy of any Marin Art and Garden Center Property, including the rented property on this rental occasion.
CANCELLATION & RE-SCHEDULING
- In the event of cancellation Renter forfeits the down payment, unless MAGC is able to rebook the space. MAGC will take reasonable steps to rebook the space at the same rental rate as set forth in cancelled contract. MAGC shall, however, have no obligation to rebook the space. If MAGC does rebook the space at a reduced rate, MAGC will deduct the difference between your rental rate and the rate at which the space is rebooked from your down payment. In addition, MAGC shall deduct from your deposit an administrative fee of $750.
- If Renter reschedules the original date of the executed contract there will be a $200 additional administration fee charged.
- This reservation may be cancelled whenever there is a failure to comply with any of the terms or conditions of the contractual agreement or the payment of fees. MAGC reserves the right to cancel this reservation if it shall determine that the proposed use is, for any reason, detrimental to MAGC and, in such an event, all deposits shall be returned.
- In the event of emergency, natural disaster, or other extraordinary circumstances, The Marin Art & Garden Center reserves the right to re-schedule an event. We also reserve the right to deny a request that was previously approved. In this event, we will give as much notice as possible.