The Marin Art & Garden Center (MAGC) is a treasured resource which provides a relaxing environment for our guests as well as beautiful surroundings in which to work. We are an independent non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and sharing our beautiful historic site, while enriching our community through exploration and discovery in the arts and the natural environment.
MAGC is looking for a Development Associate who is excited about the opportunity to help us grow. This position will contribute to the success of MAGC by working closely with our Development Manager in the support and implementation of our fundraising strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your experience and further your career.
- Conduct research on current and prospective donors.
- Work with board members to personalize appeals and provide follow-up reports.
- Manage the donor database (Neon) to assure accurate data and produce reports.
- Participate in MailChimp communications and interface with Neon.
- Assist with donor correspondence and fundraising mailings.
Foundations and Corporations:
- Prepare foundation grant requests.
- Create prospect lists for corporate sponsorship appeals and identify opportunities.
- Assist with annual sponsorship program for summer concert series.
Special Events and Programs:
- Support program development.
- Assist in the execution of all aspects of special fundraising events.
- Solicit in-kind donations of goods and services for special events.
Development Committee support:
- Work with the Development Manager in preparation of materials for committee meetings and board presentations.
- Assist with communications to support fundraising strategies.
- Attend Development Committee meetings and assist members with their assignments.
- Knowledge of basic non-profit fundraising strategy and techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job-Related Skills & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to edit the writing of others.
- Solid organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Compelling interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with donors, committee members and foundation and corporation representatives.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with a relational donor database, such as Neon.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins.
Preschool Substitute Teacher
The Marin Art & Garden Center is looking for enthusiastic, creative, and loving teachers to join our substitute list for our preschool program, The Garden School. This position is not for someone seeking full time work, but is ideal for someone open to making extra income throughout the year. You would be working with a supportive teaching team. The preschool is open September – June, Monday through Friday running from 8:30 am-1:00pm.
Voted best Preschool in Marin by the Marin IJ Readers’ Choice Awards 2019, our goal is to help facilitate the development of creative thinkers, problem solvers, self-confident and independent beings who will grow up to be caring, happy and productive adults.
Applicants must have:
- The 12 core Early Childhood Education required by Community Care Licensing
- A Current negative TB test
- Current influenza vaccine
- Live-scan report
- Experience in a preschool setting
- First aid/CPR certification a plus
This is a contract position.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins.