Tired of seeing your own walls in the background of virtual meetings? Then meet at MAGC instead!
Working from home means virtual meetings for many of us. At first we could all enjoy sneaking a peek into our co-workers’ domestic scenes, but by now you may be ready for a change. We offer these beautiful shots of the Marin Art & Garden Center grounds for you to download and set as the background when you’re using Zoom. Why not take calls from the Rose Garden, or discuss TPS reports on the lawn?
To download these backgrounds, click on any image to open the full size photo. Right click and save the image to your computer. Then follow the instructions below to set the photograph as your background.
To enable the Virtual Background feature for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click My Meeting Settings, if you are an account administrator or Meeting Settings, if you are an account member.
- Navigate to the Virtual Background option on the Meeting tab and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the Group or Account level, and you will need to contact your Zoom administrator.
Note: You must logout of the Zoom Desktop Client and login to it again for this setting to take effect.
To use the virtual background:
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom Desktop Client and sign in again.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color.
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings.
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None.